Do you love radio? Enjoy working with people? Radio Free Minturn is looking for a motivated individual to help grow our nonprofit public radio station. Position is 10 hours a week, schedule is flexible, training on the job, and work with 40-plus volunteer DJs. This position has potential to become full time.
- Act as an ambassador of the station to our small community. Develop relationships with listeners, supporters and local businesses to expand Radio Free Minturn
- Manage, organize and expand the underwriting program among area businesses
- Assist in planning, organizing and managing the annual fund drive, including marketing and DJ training
- Help run volunteer programs, including communication with potential DJs, training of DJs, updating of show schedule, and management of DJs
College degree preferred, or similar experience in nonprofits, media or radio.
Skills and Experience:
- Manage a wide variety of people
- Sales or fund development
- Strong communication skills, including marketing
- Motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Nonprofit, fundraising, radio or TV experience a plus
How does public radio fit into the fabric of community? Email your answer to this question and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no phone calls.